Ocsko Explore Limited - Terms and Conditions
Our Commitment to You
1. If we change your arrangements
If arrangements for the Event are made many months in advance occasionally it may be necessary to make changes to the Event. In the unlikely event of such changes arising we will endeavour to inform you as soon as reasonably possible. Should a major change arise we will of course notify you immediately and you will have the choice of either:-
a) Accepting the changed arrangements
b) Purchasing another Event (subject to availability) from us
c) Cancelling your Event and receiving a full refund of all monies paid.
Cur liability is limited to offering the above choices and compensation in the event of a major change. When the major change has been made as a result of unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control the consequences of which could not be avoided even with all due care, as detailed in the paragraph entitled Force Majeure below, we cannot offer any compensation.
We cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by circumstances amounting to force majeure. Force majeure means any event which we or the supplier of the services in question could not foresee or avoid. Such events may include but are not limited to war or threat of war, riots, technical problems, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial action, natural or nuclear activity, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control. We do not operate the events and have no control over them, we cannot accept liability for the cancellation of a booked event.
2. If we cancel your arrangements
If we are forced to cancel your arrangements we will inform you as soon as possible. We will offer you the choice of an alternative event (if available) or a full refund of all monies paid to us in respect of your arrangements. We will not cancel your arrangements after the date specified on the final invoice for payment of the full balance unless that balance has not been paid by you or unless it is due to reasons beyond our control as detailed in the paragraph entitled 'Force Majeure' above.
1. We accept responsibility only for the acts and omissions of our own staff. We do not accept responsibility for the acts and or omissions of any suppliers (or their staff and /or sub-contractors) of any specialised activities that may be arranged. This clause is subject to force majeure and the other terms of these booking conditions.
2. The liability insurances of any suppliers of arrangements will be checked and are available on request.
3. Where agreed we will ensure any equipment that may be hired as part of your booking is in good working order and suitable for the Event being undertaken.
Your Obligation to Us
1. Paying for your Event
(i) An initial non-refundable nor transferable deposit of 30% per person is due at the time of booking an Event. We will issue a confirmation/invoice and the contract comes into existence on the date it is sent to you.
(ii) The deposit is part payment of the arrangements and the balance must be paid before the date specified on the invoice which is normally no later than 6 weeks prior to the Event. Please note if we do not receive final payment by the date specified then we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you and cancellation charges will be applicable as detailed in section 3 below.
2. If you change your Event
If after the contract has been completed you want to change your Event arrangements we will do our best to meet your requirements up to 6 weeks prior the Event. If we can make the required alteration then in addition to any amendment to the Event costs there will be an administrative charge of £15 per person. All amendments must be notified to us in writing.
3. if you cancel your arrangements
If you or any member of your party have to cancel from the booking or cancel the entire booking once it has been accepted by us, notification must be sent to us by email to email@example.com and charges will be applied from the date the notification is received according to the scale below. The charges are applied as a percentage of the entire cost.
Period prior to Event Cancellation Charge
More than 42 days Deposit only
29-42 days 50%
15-28 days 75%
14 days or less 100%
IMPORTANT NOTE If you have taken out insurance then dependant on causation you may be able to recover the cancellation charges, check your policy for details.
1. You will be required to meet at a predetermined location with all required kit for the Event. It is your responsibility to arrive promptly and to ensure collection at the end of an Event.
2. The company operates a zero tolerance policy with regards to drugs, racism, homophobia and any other hate crime on any of the protected characteristics. All clients undertake to behave with propriety and in such a manner as in no way to cause or be likely to cause damage, distress, danger or annoyance to other clients, property and/or any third party. The contract of any client in breach of this clause will be terminated and neither we nor the providers of any other services in question will have any further contractual obligations to you.
3. You are required to declare at the time of the booking any conditions, medical or otherwise, that may impact on or prevent you from participating in any of the activities included or may affect the health or safety of others. This includes, but is not exclusively limited to, conditions such as allergies, asthma, diabetes or any physical challenges.
4. You are required to bring and wear suitable clothing and equipment for the Event. Inappropriate or sub-standard clothing or equipment may result in expulsion from the Event without any refund of monies paid.
5. You are liable for any damage, loss or theft of any equipment hired from the company
Should you have any complaints about any aspect of the arrangements, you must inform the company immediately thus giving us the opportunity to resolve any problems. In the unlikely event that an amicable solution cannot be found , then please ensure that you write to us within 28 days of your return with full and final details of any dissatisfaction.. We cannot accept any complaints received outside of this period.
We are committed to complying with all data protection laws including GDPR. Personal information may be used for any purpose associated with the operation of the Event and may be disclosed to agents, service providers or other suppliers as necessary for the Event or as required by law to the emergency services. These details include personal, banking and communication details as supplied at the time of the booking. We will treat your details with confidentiality and not share any of the details with any third parties without your expressed consent and authorisation. Other than as required by law and tax purposes the company will only retain personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose we collected it for.
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This contract is governed by English Law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England or Wales to settle any dispute.
Booking Form required showing personal details mentioned above:
Equipment to be hired
Confirmation Form required
Payment received and outstanding
Special terms applied
Ocsko Explore Ltd
All events are provided by Ocsko Explore Ltd, registered office: Flat 2, 35 High Street, Dorking, Surrey, RH4 1AR